//::_____________

Welcome to my Blog //::_____________

My name is Althone Borja - Freelance DJ and Web Designer

Portfolio:

Residencia Del Josefina Condotel Davao
Municipality of Cabugao, Ilocos Sur

Contact Althone: althone.borja@gmail.com


Saturday, September 20, 2008

//:: What goes through the mind of a DJ?

What goes through the mind of a DJ when he/she is up their in the DJ's booth?

Everyone living in this world has their own way of living, they all have their own mind to think for themselves, different opinions, different personality, etc... In "DJing" is probably desame. I don't know what goes through the mind of the other DJ's. Just how like people live, I have my own way of doing it.

Thought we could probably see DJ's with the same skill sets, but I'm sure their minds are thinking differently. This article I'm blogging now does not go for the other DJ's. As I we all know everyone is different. So what you'll see and read here is my way of thinking.

So what goes through my mind when I'm up their playing. For me it's very simple. My mind is playing a "Chess board game". Why? When i'm out their playing I don't really concentrate too much and sink myself in and make myself look like a spanner for just looking down on the cd's or turntables always and not carrying about the crowd. I keep myself open always, I always base my move from the crowd. So if I play I'm gonna have to look and feel the crowd and try to see if they like it. If not I try to attack them differently by shifting the mood of the song. if it works then I keep on going that direction. So it's really abit like playing chess "They make a move and so I'll answer that move by making my own move."
Remember this! That the skills of a DJ is very easy to learn you don't need special powers to learn how to spin. But it's when you learn to feel the crowd is I think the one that's abit hard to acquire. It takes time for you to learn it. Takes a couple of gigs for you to really understand how you should do it and how you should treat things.


No comments: