//::_____________

Welcome to my Blog //::_____________

My name is Althone Borja - Freelance DJ and Web Designer

Portfolio:

Residencia Del Josefina Condotel Davao
Municipality of Cabugao, Ilocos Sur

Contact Althone: althone.borja@gmail.com


Tuesday, September 23, 2008

//:: The El Quinto drum beaters feat. DJ Tone

"4 boring senior citizens with pens inside their top pockets who loves to hit and destroy things using drumsticks"


If I'll say the "band" what comes out on your mind? You think of your favorite band, or you think about your favorite vocalist, think about the good looking keyboards player, you'd imagine the instruments used, etc.... These are just a few examples of things that comes poppin' out of your mind if someone tells you the word "band". So let's see what comes out when I say the word "DJ".... Let me guess .... your favorite club, your favorite house music, your favorite rnb music, your favorite DJ, or you even sometimes imagine a vinyl. Am I right?


Music has found it's own way around. Music has lived for years, music has been always with us, music is everywhere. That's what I love about music. You can bring it, enjoy with it, play with it, it even makes you talk to it (singing). When I said found it's way around. I meant evolution. Music like some known recording artists has evolved. Rod Stewart for instance. If you listen to his old original songs they're very different from what he sings today. He sings jazz and standards now a days. "Shhhh I found some pirated DVD's of his concert somewhere"

So anyway, when you think of music it makes you think of something that you usually see. Probably something you've experienced. But have you ever thought, what if you try to combine things with music. For El Quinto's case, they combined the club music of a DJ and the sounds produced (drum beats) by 3 percussionists (Drum beaters).
What kind of music can they do?




No comments: