//::_____________

Welcome to my Blog //::_____________

My name is Althone Borja - Freelance DJ and Web Designer

Portfolio:

Residencia Del Josefina Condotel Davao
Municipality of Cabugao, Ilocos Sur

Contact Althone: althone.borja@gmail.com


Monday, August 25, 2008

//:: Yahoo Messenger for Vista

The new Yahoo Messenger for Windows Vista

At first, i was'nt so sure about the YM beta for vista. I thought it would be another memory hugging addon and make life worst for the computer. Looking at it's design, I immediately noticed the slick iphone like design which really caught me eye. The default color would be the dirty dark gray but you can choose to 6 colors and 2 other textures to start of with. Did I say memory hugging? Well it actually sups up about 200k of the memory. That won't be a problem at all if you have a computer which can support Vista which simply means your computer already has a bigger memory capacity. If you like the feat on your Mozilla Firefox which what we sometimes refer to as TABBED BROWSING then you'll really like the YM for Vista coz you can either choose TABBED chat window or you can hit the EXPLODE button to have different windows for each person you chat with. The feature that I like most is the add contact button for each group. This is the common issue with the previous YM versions. When you add someone you have to hit add and then select the group you want the person to belong too. Now? it's different simply go to the group name of the group and you have a button "+" to add a contact directly to that group. Another thing about the iphone or mac like design is when you hit the voice button or call. You'll notice it displays your avatar and the avatar of the person your calling. Which is exactly like how it looks like when FILE BROWSING using a MAC OS or even if you enable the view artwork feature in your itunes.

To be honest with you, this is just the 2nd day i've been using it :) but i kind-a like it. I'll give it a month and try to see if this will really work for me. When it comes to styling, it's already a winner for me the voice signal is I think better compared to the previous one and it connects even alot faster on my laptop. The real test for this is in the real world ... Try using it and see how it sums you up. :)

Download the new Yahoo Messenger for Vista at The Yahoo Messenger for Vista download site

2 comments:

Liripoop said...

I gave up on Messenger ages ago and switched to Skype but it's good to see it's moving with the times.

trunkz said...

the design is very common for me hmm... try to see the ym look in MAC i think you might find it intriguing ^_^